Thursday, March 29, 2007

Day 25--"KMHL Broadcasting Company"


In keeping with the Challenge for this week, I thought the radio station I work at qualifies as a "local landmark" The the 2nd & 3rd "windows" on the right side are where I broadcast my morning show from.


This is the AM control room--it's where I do my second shift of the day. (Our company houses 4 stations in this building...3-FM and 1-AM)


I couldn't resist a macro shot of the board.


The power going out to the tower--this is the AM tower, by the way...in order to get the best transmission of AM radio waves, AM towers are often in a wet area--hence the swamp. :)


And last but not least, another angle of the AM tower...it's so foggy here today that you can't even see the top--it's lost in the clouds!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! I'm in a bg with a celebrity! ;) That macro is GREAT!

Rachel said...

Neat photos! I agree...very cool marco shot!!!

Amanda said...

I feel so cool knowing you :) Great shots... especially the macro one!

Maggie said...

YEA!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled we get to see where you work. It's such a fasinating job. Thanks for sharing your little part of your world with us.

Heather said...

Yay! How cool to see where you work! I love the macro shot!