Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 21--"Cloudy & Overcast"


I really struggled with whether or not I should have converted this picture to black and white. It is really a gloomy day and as you can see, most of Minnesota's landscape is still brown and dead. I thought the gloominess was more apparent though, when left with the original colors.

10 comments:

Erica said...

I would not mind seeing it in B&W, but I remember the brown-ness of MN in the spring...it makes the greening up all the more special! I like it the way it is!

~M said...

Wow! I love this pic! Looks so calm!

Jess said...

After reading Erica's comment, I decided to add a black and white version...just curious to see what everyone likes better. They both have pros and cons, IMO.

~ Natalie~ said...

I really like the first one. What a beautiful landscape

Jess said...

Natalie~ I agree! I think that the black and white version looks really cold--almost wintery.

amy said...

It's a beautiful shot both ways, but I think I like the color one better. Nice job!

Erica said...

Thanks! I do like the warm original better. I see the spring coming after a long winter, rather then a continuation of the cold. But, I liked seeing it.

Anonymous said...

totally LOVE the black and white. I would actually print that and frame it, I like it so much.

Heather said...

Those pictures are absolutely GORGEOUS! Your picture makes me want to be sitting there next to the stream listening to the water run.

Maggie said...

Oh gosh Jessica, the black and white is stunning; like a painting.