Thursday, October 25, 2007

Day 183--"Christmas Ornament Heirloom"


When I was growing up, my mom purchased these ornaments for me, my sister, and my two brothers...it's one of those ornaments that we always looked for at Christmas time to put on the tree first. The year Gavin was born I searched FRANTICALLY to find a company that made them. After several phone calls we learned that the ornament had been discontinued, but that several people had called looking for it. Just about 2 weeks ago I was thumbing through a Miles Kimball catalog and imagine my surprise when I saw this! I was so excited that I ordered one for Gavin the next day. Now I'm just hoping and praying that the ornament will still exist next year for our baby that's due in February...

I know it's hard to read the engraving, but on the cloud it says "Gavin". Each of the little tokens hanging from the cloud have his birth information--birthday 1-8-05, weight--5 pounds 11 ounces, and time--7:35 AM

3 comments:

Sher Johnson said...

sweet heirloom ornament!
Dylan gets a new one from Grandma who orders them from Hallmark ages 0 - 5 in a cute teddybear theme set :)

Maggie said...

Buy that second one blank...you can always get it engraved later.

I love it!

Laura said...

That is GREAT! Would love the info to that business by the way! ;)